Resealable bag for easy use and storage
Organic Peat Moss
- Suitable for germination and topping up existing soil
- Light and airy / fluffy
- Dead fibrous materials that are formed when mosses and other living materials decompose in peat bogs.
Uses of Peat Moss
- Used mainly as a soil amendment or addition in potting soil
- Has an acidic pH, so it’s ideal for acid loving plants, e.g. blueberries and camellias.
- Doesn’t compact or break down readily, thus one application of peat moss can last for several years
- Does not contain harmful microorganisms or weed seeds that may be found in poorly processed compost
- Retain several times its weight in moisture, and can release this moisture to the plants roots as needed
- Retain nutrients so that they aren’t rinsed out of the soil when you water the plant
When using brand new peat soil:
Before planting seeds, add sufficient water to ensure soil is completely moist. You will need to mix the soil to allow the soil to absorb water. Use bare hands or a tool to mix.
Do note that weight does not equate to volume